1 hour in the oven and this mix of vegetables just melts in your mouth.
Warming, filling comfort food full of aromatic spices.
How to show the layers? Challenge accepted!
Root vegetable gratin
- white cabbage – 6 leaves
- potato – 4 medium sized
- beetroot – 2 medium sized
- carrot – 2 medium sized
- parsley root – 1 medium sized
- vegan sausage – 4 medium sized
- onion – 2 medium sized
- red onion – 1 medium sized
- vegan butter – 5 spoons
- herbs de Provence – 1 teaspoon
- thyme – 1 teaspoon
- smoked paprika – 1 teaspoon
- sweet paprika – 1 teaspoon
- parsley – 1 teaspoon
- marjoram – 1 teaspoon
- granulated garlic – 1 teaspoon
- bay leaf – 3
- allspice – 4
- Follow package directions for preparing vegan sausages.
- Steam cabbage leaves for about 15 minutes.
- Peel all vegetables. Potatoes, beetroots, carrots, vegan sausages cut into slices, onion into half rings. Grate the parsley root.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease a baking dish with 1 spoon of vegan butter and line with cabbage leaves.
- Layers on cabbage: potatoes, herbs de Provence, beetroots, thyme, carrots, smoked paprika, sweet paprika, parsley root, parsley (spice), vegan sausage, marjoram, onions, granulated garlic, bay leaves, allspices and 4 spoons of vegan butter.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 1 hour.