Cookie scrolls filled with healthy ingredients and natural sweetness from dates.
Everything is different, but it is definitely the best, lazy, homemade, fake baklava.
How beautiful is idea about food when you can just roll it?
Fake baklava pastry scrolls
- shortcrust pastry – 1 sheet
- peanut butter – 5 spoons
- dates – 18 medium sized
- banana – 1 medium sized
- cinnamon – 1/2 teaspoon
- walnuts – 1 cup
- Pour boiling water over dates and let them stand for about 10 minutes, then blend them.
- Mash the banana and cinnamon using a fork.
- Blend walnuts into small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cover pastry sheet with peanut butter, then dates, then banana, then sprinkle with walnuts.
- Gently roll up pastry sheet, slice it into 1,5 centimeters pieces and place on baking tray.
- Bake for about 18 minutes.