Thick, hot, nutritious, healthier, aromatic, full of spices? Yes.
Nothing difficult, nothing more delicious.
Irreplaceable in cold weather and I admit: our favorite soup.
Yellow split pea soup
- yellow split pea – 250 grams
- potato – 5 medium sized
- garlic – 5 gloves
- vegan butter – 2 spoons
- marjoram – 4 teaspoons
- parsley – 1 teaspoon
- smoked paprika – 2 teaspoons
- sweet paprika – 1 teaspoon
- hot paprika – 1/2 teaspoon
- thyme – 1/2 teaspoon
- turmeric – 1 teaspoon
- vegetable bouillon powder – 3 teaspoons
- soy sauce – 3 spoons
- flour – 1 spoons
- bay leaf – 1
- allspice – 2
- pepper – to taste
- water – 2 liters
- Rinse and place peas in a large pot. Add water, 1 big spoon of vegan butter, bay leaf, allspice and bring the pot to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add peeled and diced potatoes, vegetable bouillon powder, soy sauce and cook for 15 minutes.
- Peeled garlic cut into four pieces and add with the rest of the spices.
- In a small pan melt 1 big spoon of vegan butter over medium heat, then add the flour. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon for about 3 minutes then slowly add this mixture into the soup.
- Continue to simmer for about 15 minutes or until the split peas are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and leave the soup for about 20 minutes – soup will thicken as it cools.
- Serve with a croutons or a crunchy bread.