Just piece of cake for dinner.
Savory crepe cake with intense flavor of garlic combined with delicate taste of spinach.
Piece and peace.
Spinach and garlic crepe cake
- flour – 1,5 cup
- soy milk – 1 cup
- sparkling water – 3/4 cup
- olive oil – 1 spoon + 1/2 teaspoon for frying
- frozen spinach – 1 kg
- garlic – 2 small sized bulbs
- sun-dried tomatoes – 12 medium sized
- green olives – 15 medium sized
- sunflower seeds – 5 spoons
- oregano – 1 spoon
- sweet paprika – 1 spoon
- hot paprika – 1/2 teaspoon
- herbs de Provence – 1 teaspoon
- turmeric – 1 teaspoon
- pepper – to taste
- olive oil – 5 spoons
- soy yogurt – 8 spoons
- tomato puree – 8 spoons
- bread crumbs – 2 spoons
- olive oil – 1 spoon
- grated vegan cheese – a bit (optional)
- In a large bowl, blend together ingredients for crepes.
- Heat up a medium non-stick pan on a medium heat. Lightly grease with oil, using a paper towel to wipe out the excess and you know what to do – we need 9 crepes.
- Peel and chop garlic, next put it into a big saucepan with hot oil and cook until softened. Add spinach and cook for about 20 minutes – until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove saucepan from the heat and add diced sun-dried tomatoes, sliced green olives, sunflower seeds, spices and stir well.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a baking sheet with oil and sprinkle bread crumbs. Place first crepe layer onto baking sheet and spread 3 big spoons of spinach filling. Place another crepe on top and spread another 3 spoons. Repeat, ending with the last crepe on top.
- Pour tomato sauce and soy yogurt into a crepe cake.
- Optional – add grated vegan cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.